How do I fix the blue screen of death on Acer laptop
by Acer Support
Posted on August 27, 2018 at 10:50 AM
A (BSOD) which is short for the Blue screen of death is also known as a stop error that appears on your laptop when a problem is so critical that your windows try to stop completely. This BSOD is usually related to your hardware or driver. Many of them display a Stop code which can be utilized to figure out the actual cause of the death screen.
So here, Acer Support explained some basic methods and list of some stop code through which you can able to fix the BSOD issue on your system.
List of Stop codes which will appear on the blue screen for troubleshooting steps.
- 0x000000001 which means ‘APC_INDEX_MISMATCH’
- 0x000000002 which means ‘DEVICE_QUEUE _NOT_BUSY
- 0x000000003 which means ‘INVALID_AFFINITY_SET
- 0x000000004 which means ‘INAVLID_DATA_ACCESS_TRAP’
- 0x000000005 which means ‘INVALID_PROCESS_ATTACH_ATTEMPT’
Steps to fix Blue Screen of Death on Acer device
NOTE: It may take 1 to 2 hours or more than that depending on the STOP code to fix this issue. Some are easy to perform but some can be a bit complicated for you.
- If you have recently updated your driver or installed any hardware and this caused this problem then undo all the changes by rewinding the recent registry. You can use system restore option to undo it. To undo driver settings, roll back the device driver to do so. Also, update the drivers for hardware.
- Check the space on the drive and ensure to have enough space otherwise it can also be the cause of this issue. At least have 100 MB of free space in your drive.
- Completely scan your system as some malicious activities can also be the reason behind this issue.
- Change the hardware settings to default in the device manager. Change the BIOS settings to their default level.
- Check all the internal cables, cards and other components are connected properly.
- Perform the diagnostic test on all Hardware.
If you want a more detailed explanation of the above steps, then contact us at our Acer technical support and get detailed assistance step-by-step from our certified engineers.
Back to Blog